Last updated: August 1, 2021
Spades Charitable Oversight & Protective Executors (“SCOPE”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://spades.community, and may include other affiliated sites. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use:
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to your name and email.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. In addition, we may use third-party services (such as Google Analytics) that collect, monitor, and analyze this Log Data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information necessary for your account.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. Security The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information You Provide to Us:
We may collect some or all of the information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect from Other Sources:
We may obtain information from third-party sources such as social networks, accounting services providers and data analytics providers.
USE OF INFORMATION:
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, we also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain your SPADES Community account;
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations, receipts, and complaints if any are ever lodged against you by another user;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions or provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about new content, products, services, and features we may offer;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Medium and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data within 30 days. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
SHARING OF INFORMATION:
We may share, or your personal information may be shared, while you are using our services in the following ways:
- We share personal information with other users of the Services. If you use our Services to publish content, certain information about you will be visible to others, such as your name, content, and other account information you may provide on the public side of the site.
- We may share personal information if vendors, service providers, or consultants have a genuine need to access personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, and marketing.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to a legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it, unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will generally object to legal requests for information about users unless we believe the request is proper.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions violate our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES:
SCOPE is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and are expanding to other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Mobile Push Notifications:
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device, such as if you receive a bid or offer for your content in the case where you may be selling content. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
SCOPE does not sell your personal information:
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt-out of any sales of your personal information if we engage in that activity in the future, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by emailing us at email@example.com
If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE:
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing:
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When consent is the legal basis for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Questions or Complaints:
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA:
- For individuals in the UK:
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html